We have to start inviting more internationally-known celebrities to GIANT Center.
On October 24, Doc Emrick was in the booth for the first period – and the Bears went on to defeat the Hartford Wolf Pack in overtime.
Last night, this happened.
These are six of the Red Land Little League United States champions.
(EDIT: Cole Wagner loves to hide in the back, I’ve noticed.)
Anyway what a wonderful group of fun-loving kids these are! And why wouldn’t two of them – Zack Sooy and Chayton Krauss – play hockey too??
After this group stopped up for a visit – and after they were all honored on the ice with Jonesy during the first intermission – the Bears went on to defeat the Portland Pirates by a count of 3-2.
A few stats from these two games:
1) The Bears are 2-0-0-0 in such celebrity visits. Not sure who is next in line – hopefully it’s the Calder Cup.
2) Chris Bourque has a power-play goal in both games.
3) Both games were won with a special-teams goal.
4) These were two of the Bears’ three one-goal victories.
5) The Bears were 11-for-11 on the penalty kill in the two games combined.
Ok, that’s probably enough. Coincidence or not, it was a true honor to have the Red Land boys come up I-83 for the short ride and get the continued recognition they deserve – recognition that certainly won’t stop even next summer when they are back on the diamond.
Finally, for those who have been asking, the embarrassing audio from Connor Carrick’s shorthanded clincher with time winding down. Enjoy the Peter Brady moment.
See you tonight for the rematch! GO BEARS!!!