Hello BEARS fans!
For the second time in four nights, the BEARS will take on the Norfolk Admirals tonight at GIANT Center. And there are many reasons to be fired up for this one:
1) The BEARS have won three in a row. Remember when this statement was followed by a “So what?” I remember a team that won 60 games in 2009-2010. Three in a row was like blinking to that squad. But this season’s BEARS have done it for the second time this season. Now, a win tonight will move the winning streak to the longest of the young campaign. It will begin a new month on a winning note. It will bring the team back to the .500 mark. And it will bring the team within three points of idle Binghamton, who have gone on a run of 7-0-0-1 in their last eight games. It could bring the team within three points of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton as well, if that team can be stopped of their 12-3-0-0 run in their last 15. The one team that can stop it? Right here. All three of those losses came against HERSHEY.
2) Patrick McNeill is back, and so is Dmitry Orlov’s prodution. For everyone who disagreed with P-Mac being healthy scratched for 14 consecutive games (I may have been on that list… -sarcasm-), you’ve got to be thrilled that he has registered a point in each game that he has played since getting back into the lineup. He has a plus-7 efficiency rating in that time as well… meaning that he is being responsible defensively at full strength hockey, and contributing offensively at full strength hockey. He also has scored in back-to-back games – and netted the game-winner on Wednesday. While partnered with Dmitry Orlov, the duo is an incredible plus-16 combined, and has potted two goals and five assists.
3) Jeff Taffe and Jon DiSalvatore are in a groove. The linemates have produced five goals, seven assists and a plus-7 rating in their last three games. DiSalvatore has strung together goals in three straight, while Taffe has assists in three straight.
4) Zach Hamill is coming into his role. A prime faceoff man and setup player, Hamill has adopted a secondary role: goal scorer. Not a bad addition to a resume – considering that he has already scored seven times to lead the BEARS. What is so impressive about scoring seven goals? Hamill needs just one goal to tie his output as a member of last season’s Providence Bruins, which he recorded in 41 games.
5) It’s Teddy Bear Toss Night at GIANT Center. Norfolk is next in line to dodge a separate barrage of bears. Enough said.
Game information is all right here.
Looking forward to a packed house tonight. GO BEARS!!!